Four key strategic foundations underpin playing cricket at CACC:
- WE BELIEVE WE CAN CHALLENGE THE BEST
- WE PREPARE PROFESSIONALLY
- WE PLAY QUALITY CRICKET
- WE FOLLOW THE CACC NON-NEGOTIABLES
- We play without fear.
- We focus on our own game, not the opposition.
- We focus on our strengths, not our weaknesses.
- We play for our teammates, not just ourselves.
- We work on mental strength and conditioning as well as physical.
We expect senior players to:
- Take responsibility for their development and invest in their own game.
- Train for the long term as well as the short term.
- Train every week from pre-season to the end of the season.
- Know their strengths and weaknesses and seek help to work on them.
- Maximise other training opportunities as well as club training sessions.
We train with a purpose – training smart as well as hard.
We have training sessions that people want to go to.
- We have a game plan.
- We are tactically aware but adapt to situations as they develop.
- Everyone knows their role.
- We play without fear: batting, bowling, fielding and decision-making.
- We do the basics well
4. THE CACC NON-NEGOTIABLES
- Engage with the whole club: teammates, juniors, supporters.
- Commit to training as much as possible.
- Prepare mentally as well as physically.
- Look professional.
- Turn up 75 minutes before the game starts.
- Warm up with high intensity and be involved with team preparation.
- Put playing for the team above individual performance.
- Show respect to your teammates.
- Take your turn to leave the dressing room clean and tidy after the game.
- Socialise with the team and the supporters after the game.
- Respect alcohol – don’t let it affect your game.