Clifton Alliance CC is a non-profit making organisation. Every pound it earns through its business activities (principally the bar), sponsorship and fundraising is invested in improving the cricket club on and off the field.
Strategically this aligns with the club’s objectives. Funds are therefore used to:
- build and maintain facilities that support the club’s ambitions (such as the new annex, which includes a double garage, a separate changing room for women and girls away, a new scorers’ box and improved umpires’ facilities)
- fund an overseas player each season as permitted by ECB and UK employment regulations
- provide equipment and facilities for senior and junior cricket training, including indoor nets during the winter months, and
- pay people providing essential services to the club such as groundkeeping, facilities maintenance and bar staff.
Our success must be sustainable. Therefore, while loans on advantageous terms are often offered from a range of sources including the ECB we aim to fund the club primarily via:
- grants available from organisations such as the ECB, Sport England and local authorities
- member subscriptions, primarily senior and junior subs and the monthly 50-50 draw
- profits from the club bar, and
- sponsor investment including shirt and ground sponsorship arrangements.
BAR AND SOCIAL EVENTS
See our social and events page for more information.
CACC supports a number of charities through social events and other fundraising activities.
The charities in question are chosen by individual members usually representing causes close to their hearts.
The club also frequently provides volunteers to run cricket sessions in nearby schools, supporting the local community as well as providing a flow of new members into the club.