Clifton Alliance CC Life President Herbert Lockwood officially opened the new Annex building at the Vincent & Brown Alliance Cricket Ground in a ceremony during the tea interval of the inter-club friendly on Saturday, 9 April.
The club has been building the new annex over the past two years.
Originally planned as a new double garage for groundskeeping equipment, the project expanded during the pandemic and the finished building will actually provide several functions, including:
- A dedicated women’s changing room, shower and WC, which will be increasingly used as women’s cricket grows at the club.
- A new umpires changing room and shower to replace the small room where officials could change before.
- A new scorebox providing a view across the ground from the west (pictured)
- A double garage for groundskeeping machinery and other equipment, and
- Increased storage for senior and junior training kit.
Club chairman Dave Heartshorne said, “Opening this annex represents a fantastic achievement for the club and a tremendous investment for its future.
“I want to thank everyone who has helped with the building of this, whether they worked on its construction and finish or provided the financial investment needed to make it happen. Our thanks particularly go to GEM Construction, Vincent & Brown, the Sport and Active Leisure team at the City of York Council, Clifton (Without) Parish Council, Rawcliffe Parish Council, the ECB, Sport England, the Pavers Foundation and too many others to mention – not least everyone who bought a brick for our supporters’ wall [pictured].”
CACC fundraising lead David Carruthers said, “The opening went well, and we want to thank everyone for all their support and sponsorship of the club, both financially and through volunteering. It really is appreciated and it allows us to continue moving ahead with exciting developments”.